Page 86 of 86 « First<8283848586
Topic Options
#90803 - 04/09/11 01:47 PM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
Soubrette

Loc: Japan

So, after posting half a dozen times and then disappearing for a couple of months, I thought I should introduce myself.

I've been reading this site off and on for almost ten years now (!). I still miss the articles of the old site a little, but was very glad the forums continued. I've tried several new authors as a result of seeing them mentioned here, and have enjoyed reading some funny and thoughtful discussions. Don't know that I can quite reach the level of articulation of many of the posters, but hope to make more of a contribution in future...

#91654 - 08/08/12 12:41 AM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
theaisforannie

Hello everyone! I'm Annie, I live in SF, and I used to post to the chicklit forums a thousand years ago. I've recently started reading again with such voracity that I had to seek you all out. I cannot for the life of me remember my old username, and keyword searches are turning up no evidence of my presence here in the early aughts.

At the very least you all should know I call my older son Jamie after the character from Outlander (not kidding!), which I never would have read if it weren't for recommendations I received here.

#91655 - 08/09/12 12:54 PM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: theaisforannie]
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Welcome back, Annie!
#91864 - 01/26/13 10:17 AM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
Albacore
Ching Shih

Loc: Ottawa

I'm not sure what made me think of these forums today, but I am so glad to see them still active! I found so many wonderful books through you fellow readers years ago. I am waiting for my hold on the latest Bookclub book to filled from the library, but in the mean time will go looking for other places to join back in.
#91865 - 01/27/13 05:33 PM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: Albacore]
essay
Ching Shih

Nice to see you back here, Albacore. It would be nice for the forums if we could have a sort of revival, but the people who do show up are interesting to talk to anyway.
#92032 - 07/21/13 08:16 AM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: essay]
Promethea
Ching Shih

Hello everyone! I suddenly remembered these forums today and have just been looking over old posts and discussions. Hope all are well. Going to bookmark this again to remind me to drop by more often.
#92040 - 07/24/13 11:38 PM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: Promethea]
Kivrin
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Nice to see you again, Promethea. We are still here, although in a much smaller circle than once upon a time! Like essay wrote upthread, we are still a forum with interesting discussions, but it's more like meeting in a living room, not, well... a conference center perhaps.
#92255 - 12/25/13 05:10 AM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: Kivrin]
grapevyne
Ching Shih

I introduced myself long ago, but have been gone for a while. I also tend to read more than I post. I'm like a forum ghost even when I am here, so I thought it may be a good idea to reintroduce myself.
Only now I have no idea what to include in the introduction. I am a small town girl in rural Kansas who loves to read and discuss books. My offline book club moderator recently said she rarely asks the questions suggested on a book because she doesn't see the point in talking about what a book means. She sticks with questions like 'have you ever had a similar situation in your life?' This one statement sent me running back here. Which is good, because some of my favorite books have been recommendations from you guys.

#92258 - 12/26/13 10:34 PM Re: "Hello, my name is ______________" [Re: grapevyne]
Kivrin
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Hi grapevyne, welcome back!
Page 86 of 86 « First<8283848586

Moderator:  hula, studio1 
Hop to: