Page 18 of 18 « First<1415161718
Topic Options
#91591 - 06/26/12 05:12 PM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
StephA
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My latest TV addiction was the first season of Homeland with Claire Danes as a CIA/Homeland Security analyst and Damian Lewis as a returned POW and Mandy Patinkin as Claire's character's supervisor.

Really enjoyed it, and really looking forward to a second season.

#91689 - 09/15/12 08:16 AM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: StephA]
Lady Agnew
Ching Shih

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA

The final season of Breaking Bad just finished airing and I've been slowly working my way through the episodes, and I say slowly because the show is excruciating to watch. Sometimes I have to pause, scream into a pillow and decompress... it's very, very intense!

I am dreading the series finale, not because I don't want it to end (I think it's admirable that the show is ending the story on its own terms), but because I have so much anxiety for the fates of certain characters.

#91690 - 09/15/12 10:24 PM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: Lady Agnew]
CaitlinM2

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

I don't watch Breaking Bad, but I think there's a second half to the final season that's not airing until next year. See this.
#91691 - 09/19/12 04:36 AM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: CaitlinM2]
Lady Agnew
Ching Shih

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA

CaitlinM2, thanks, I knew that the season was broken into two 8 episode chunks, but I didn't realize that the second half was airing next summer. TORTURE. I guess AMC is milking the last season for everything they can, but won't they think of the fans and just air the remainder of the season early next year?

My heart can't take the suspense forever.

#91702 - 10/01/12 01:30 PM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: Lady Agnew]
viva
Ching Shih

Loc: Houston TX

I just caught up on Breaking Bad too - the character evolution is just stupefying.

Very happy that Homeland and Boardwalk Empire have started up again, although all of this TV is putting a cramp in my reading style.

#91768 - 12/03/12 12:26 AM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: viva]
CaitlinM2

I watched the first season of Homeland on DVD, and then most of Prisoners of War, the Israeli series that inspired it, on Hulu (I still have three episodes to go, but haven't found time yet). Both excellent, though quite different because Homeland isn't a remake, and does have the gloss of a Hollywood production, while Prisoners of War looks a lot more like everyday life (in terms of sets, costumes, people). I don't have cable, so I'll have to wait until next year to see the second season of Homeland.

Even though it turned silly and soapy, I'm looking forward to Season 3 of Downton Abbey in January, when it lands on PBS.
Among currently airing shows I'm watching, I'm finding The Good Wife most compelling. But my latest TV obsession is The West Wing, which I didn't see when it was on. I'm currently partway through Season 2, and loving it.

#91770 - 12/04/12 10:04 AM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: CaitlinM2]
TraceyB
Ching Shih

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Quote:
Even though it turned silly and soapy, I'm looking forward to Season 3 of Downton Abbey in January, when it lands on PBS.

Me, too! Especially the arrival of Cora's mother.

#91792 - 12/23/12 11:28 AM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: TraceyB]
GingerCat
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia

I just started watching "Bunheads" on demand. If you liked "Gilmore Girls," you should check this out. The main character is very Lorelai-like (actress not as charismatic as Lauren Graham, though), and her sparring with Kelly Bishop as her mother-in-law feels very familiar, but in a good way. I'm only a few episodes in and so far there hasn't been much actual dancing, even though it takes place in a ballet studio. I'm hoping that will change. Still, a fun watch.
#91845 - 01/12/13 09:31 PM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
essay
Ching Shih

It's funny that I had never even hear of Portlandia about a month ago. Now I'm pretty much through all of them. I think they are more enjoyable than laugh out loud funny, but they point out a lot of things about our general culture. In fact, sometimes life seems to feel like an episode of Portlandia lately.
#92370 - 04/17/14 08:49 PM Re: TV shows you can't get enough of [Re: essay]
CaitlinM2

Not having cable, I'm usually late on cable series, not catching them until they're available on video. As such, I've just inhaled the first seasons of both The Americans and Orphan Black, and hate that I'll have to wait so long to see the seasons that are (or are about to begin) airing in the US now.

Otherwise, I continue The Good Wife compelling, and I think it was really reengergized this season, and am still enjoying Call the Midwife on PBS. I'm all-in on Mad Men, but quite annoyed that AMC has decided to split the final season over two years as they did with Breaking Bad.

Edited by CaitlinM2 (04/17/14 08:50 PM)
Edit Reason: UBB code issues.

Page 18 of 18 « First<1415161718

Moderator:  sunflow, harper 
Hop to: