Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#82954 - 05/06/07 12:05 AM Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough
essay
Ching Shih

Just thought I'd post to mention that the lovely folks who brought you Nanowrimo (see thread here if you don't know what this is) have launched their June scriptwriting website at http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/ Even if you have no interest in writing a 20,000 word play or screenplay during the month of June, you may know someone who does, so check it out. I am still not sure whether I am actually going to do it, but I got a great plot idea from their 'plot machine' straight off, so I almost feel obligated to try.
#82957 - 05/06/07 09:05 AM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: essay]
GingerCat
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia

I'd love to do this; I've had an idea for a script for forever. But will I have the time and energy to devote to it? I'll have to think about this.
#82962 - 05/06/07 05:51 PM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: GingerCat]
alizarin
Ching Shih

Loc: Boston, MA

I really want to but my May/June obligations are already piling up. If I come up with an idea I might give it a whirl, though.

I'll likely decide at the last minute, of course.

#83210 - 05/29/07 10:48 PM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: alizarin]
essay
Ching Shih

Just a reminder that Script Frenzy http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/ starts in about two days, or, more precisely, right as June 1st starts at the stroke of midnight. You can actually sign up at any point in June--though you'll have less time to complete your 20,000 word project--but if anyone is wavering, well, jump on over to the site and see if it maybe feels like the time to commit is NOW.
#83223 - 05/30/07 09:09 PM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: essay]
sophietje
Ching Shih

Loc: Buffalo, NY, USA, Earth, The U...

I'm going to try. But I have no idea how hard 20,000 words are going to be. I've completed Nanowrimo twice, and that was really hard, but possible. 20k sounds like it should be simpler, but I have a feeling it won't be.
#83225 - 05/31/07 12:54 AM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: sophietje]
essay
Ching Shih

Great, sophietje! It may be harder than I think but 20K does sound a lot more doable than 50K when you get right down to it.

I don't know how far you've gotten into any of the articles they've posted, but someone who goes by the screenname of TSEdiot has written a short, informative and very entertaining screenplay to illustrate the formatting procedures. The 'cast' includes Chris Baty and a host of other familiar names. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/files/format_sheetv2.pdf

Good luck!

#83547 - 06/27/07 10:02 PM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: essay]
essay
Ching Shih

Sorry to double post, but I just hit the 20,000 word mark on my Script Frenzy screenplay! Admittedly, it's kind of a good news/bad news situation as I think I still basically have to write Act III, but whatever. I'm still a winner of the first, hopefully annual Script Frenzy! It was actually a fun and wonderfully supportive experience.Through their site, I learned about a great free simple to use screenplay formatting tool called Celtx, which was worth the price of admission all by itself. Did anyone else end up giving this a shot? I got my sister hooked in, which is basically the only convert I needed, but I'm just curious.
#83561 - 06/28/07 08:38 AM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: essay]
GingerCat
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia

Congratulations, essay! I never did try this, but hopefully I'll be able to next year.
#83715 - 07/14/07 11:25 PM Re: Script Frenzy--When Nanowrimo isn't enough [Re: GingerCat]
essay
Ching Shih

Thanks, GingerCat. I just saw your post. I did manage to get to the end of the script too. It felt satisfying to finish the story, even though it is such a very rough draft. I hope anyone who is tempted to try this will do so next year, as it's one of those things where you learn a lot just by plunging in.
Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to: